David N Anderson

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Ladyhawke.

On Friday I had the opportunity to photograph rising musical talent "Ladyhawke" for the Skinny magazine.

The shoot had to be rescheduled 3 times during the day due to time constraints and a slight breakdown in communication between the magazine, the tour manager and the PR department but everyone involved was incredibly apologetic and very accommodating. I eventually got to shoot her after the gig at Cabaret Voltaire which meant that time was a bit short.

I think I got some nice results from the allotted time and was ably assisted by my ever accommodating girlfriend, Fi; who not only acted as a Voice Activated Light stand but also a model so I could get the correct exposure settings before shooting Ladyhawke herself. Pip was incredibly helpful and very nice throughout the shoot, despite having just performed on stage minutes before.

One thing I will take from this shoot into future jobs is to ensure that I have a very clear line of communication directly to the subject which I'm shooting. This will avoid the confusion that I had on Friday.

No comments: